Toyota GR Corolla Morizo Edition, 2022. A hard-core version of the world’s biggest selling car for the Japanese market. Gazoo Racing have worked with Toyota Motor Corporation President and Master Driver Akio Toyoda, a.k.a. Morizo, who was behind the wheel of development prototypes. Modifications include:
- Removing the rear seat to create a two-seater has reduced weight by approximately 30 kilograms.
- Maximum torque has been increased from 370 Nm to 400 Nm, and acceleration performance has been improved by increasing torque in the mid-rpm range.
- Body rigidity was further strengthened by applying an additional 3.3 meters of structural adhesive and adding body reinforcement braces.
- Lower-geared differential gears and the use of closer ratios for the first, second, and third gears have improved dynamic performance.
- High-grip tires, widened by 10 mm, improve cornering stability and braking performance.
- Exclusive semi-bucket seats.
- The exterior color is an exclusive Matte Steel, and the front windshield bears Morizo’s signature as a testament to the unique approach to creating the GR Corolla Morizo Edition